Wedding Planning Checklist Calendar
Okay, you have 12 months to plan your wedding! You've downloaded the Wedding Planning Checklist Overview... but what do you do each month?
Here you will find out how the wedding planner checklist gets ticked off month by month.
The Complete Wedding Planner Printables E-Book
The Wedding Planner is designed to help you get ready for the big day!
All the forms are available for you to fill in - either directly on your laptop or by pen on the printed version - to help you plan your wedding, week by week;
Find out more about the Printable Wedding Planner
100 Days to Go? Just love this cute Countdown Wedding Planner?
Such a cute mini-wedding planning idea!
With a wedding being counted down in our household right now - I know this is a little gift I'm buying for my future daughter in law!
What a cute idea with little spaces to write down the things you need to do!
Buy it here.
A printable version is available in the Complete Wedding Planner.
12 Months to Go:
- Select a Wedding Date
- Check with minister or officiant
- Decide on Wedding Style or Theme (formal, casual, indoor, outdoor, nibblies, formal reception)
- Visit and decide upon ceremony location or venue.
- Decide on initial budget
- Start researching reception venues or caterers.
11 Months to Go:
10 Months to Go:
- Begin thinking about Ceremony and Reception Music and entertainment - what you would like and what you would not like.
- Book a wedding reception centre which suits your budget and number of guests
- If catering, book a suitable venue.
- Consider the reception food ideas; Book caterers and decide on the suitable menu according to price per person and your budget.
- Continue research on a photographer and/or videographer
9 Months to Go:
8 Months to Go:
- Think about colours and styles of your wedding party. Discuss wedding gowns with your bridesmaids / mum.
- Start the search for bridesmaids and flower girl and page boy outfits - hire or buy?
- Set a budget for wedding flowers.
7 Months to Go:
6 Months to Go:
- Decide on your wedding gown
- Meet with your minister or wedding officiant to find out particular requirements by law.
- Discuss the ceremony, vows, music
- Begin Pre-marital classes
- Research invitations
- Choose a wedding cake design.
5 Months to Go:
- Wedding cars - decide on style and research price.
- Start planning the honeymoon location - Do you need a passport, visa, vaccination?
- Apply for time off work
- Finalize Bridesmaid's dresses
- Continue researching wedding flowers in season
4 Months to Go:
- Look around for wedding rings, When you decide on the ring, have them engraved. Shop online for wedding jewelry.
- Finalize flower arrangements, wedding bouquet, corsages, buttonholes, bridesmaid's bouquets.
- Decide on Wedding invitations
- Finalize guest list
- Order stationary
- Groom's outfit should be fitted, bought or booked
- Book the Wedding Cars
3 Months to Go:
- Begin addressing invitations
- Plan a Bridal Shower
- Consider ceremony and reception decorations if needed
- Decide on a hotel for the wedding night. Book it now.
- Decide on the ceremony program, finalize wedding vows
- Check with musicians
- Buy a Guest Book
- Decide and order Wedding Favors for your guests
2 Months to Go:
- Purchase any accessories for the bridal party - shoes, gloves, jewelry, l
- Choose your Master of Ceremonies and ask him/her to liase with Reception Venue
- Decide on entertainment, music at reception
- Send out invitations with Bridal Registry cards
- Arrange appointments for Beauty care - hairdresser, make-up
- Complete the "Notice of Intended Marriage" form with your marriage officiant
1 Month to Go:
- Trial run with make-up and hairdresser
- Brides and Grooms to buy gifts for their bridal party
- Pick up your wedding rings
- Plan a HENS and BUCKS night (organized by best man and maid of honor)
- Finalize the ceremony and program
- Get paperwork ready for name changes
- Finalize honeymoon plans
3 Weeks to Go:
- Wedding gown to be fitted
- Pass on final numbers to Reception Venue or caterers
- Arrange seating at reception - Fill in a Seating Plan
- Confirm honeymoon and wedding night travel and accommodation
- Make sure all in the Bridal party know what is expected of them
- Select music for the bridal dance
2 Weeks to Go:
- Print the wedding ceremony program if needed and Write placecards
- Confirm details with reception
- Confirm wedding ceremony details with minister, musicians, ushers
- Pick up wedding gowns and outfits
- Confirm details with photographer
- Confirm details with florist - all flower arrangements - bouquet, decorations, corsage, buttonholes,
- Confirm wedding cars and drivers
- Check final honeymoon requirements
- Manicure, pedicure, haircuts
1 Week to Go:
- Rehearsal with bridal party, and officiant
- Prepare any toasts and speeches
- Arrange any final payments
- Pick up your wedding cake
- Pack bags/luggage for honeymoon
3 Days to Go:
- Confirm beauty appointments
- Layout all the bridal gown and outfits - final check
- Give guest book to MC - to take to ceremony and reception
- Check details with MC
- Spend time with parents, friends
- Thank parents
- Hair and make-up to be done
- Groom to bring rings
- Be on time!?