Unique Wedding Ideas and Creative Wedding Tips
Here is a list of unique wedding ideas because everyone wants their wedding to be personal and memorable.
Of course, it doesn't need to break the budget. First check out the cheap wedding ideas page to help you save money.
Unique Wedding Ideas
- Get married at the ice chapel of one of the famous ice hotels in the world.
- Have a destination wedding;
- Wear the wedding gown of your mother or other special relative.
- Sew sentimental items such as garters, hankies and even jewelry to the underside of your dress. You will carry a bit of your family history down the aisle with you.
- Need a unique idea for a wedding gift for your sweetheart? How about planting a tree in their honor? The tree grows as does your love for each other.
The Complete Wedding Planner Checklist!
All the forms to help plan your wedding on this website plus more! Find out more about the Printable Wedding Planner!
Wedding Theme Ideas
Wedding Reception Ideas
- Use the cake topper of your parents or grandparents if still available.
- Instead of the traditional glass clinking, announce to your guests that they need to tell a story or share a memory that includes either the bride or the groom (or both) in order for you to kiss.
- Perfect for the Hollywood or movie theme...use buckets similar to what you might find chicken in, spray paint to resemble old fashioned popcorn buckets and fill with flavored popcorn.
- Create a photo guest book. Instead of having your guests sign in to a little book that you will never look at again, take polaroids of your guests and arrange in a photo album. You end up with a great keepsake and a picture of everyone at the wedding.
- Buy a coffee table book of your state or province and have the guests sign it. It can sit on the coffee table of the new couple and makes a great conversation piece.
- More wedding reception ideas here.
- Don't break the budget: Cheaper ways to have a wedding reception
- Cocktail wedding Ideas
Unique Wedding Favors
- Hand out lottery tickets with a note that says “we’re so lucky to have family and friends like you”.
- Make homemade book marks with your favourite quote on one side and your names and wedding date on the other.
- Give your guests a favor they will remember and enjoy. Plantable seed cards are made from biodegradable papers with flower seeds embedded right in them. Write a hand written note to each guest, thanking them for sharing your special day. Your guests get to plant the card in their garden and they will think of you every time they see the flowers.
Unique Wedding Invitations